Cardio and Pilates Workout Series
Now that the holidays have come and gone, you may still have some stress, an abundance of chores, plus a few extra pounds. So, how do you cope and what steps can you take to get back on track?
Finding the motivation to get our lives back in order after the holidays isn’t always an easy task, but if you set your goal(s), devise a plan, and prioritize your time, anything you put your energy and heart into can be accomplished.
This is the final week of my Post-Holiday Cardio Kick It Off workout series. It was created to help get your mind and body back into the game of life. The workout consists of Pilates strengthening exercises combined with cardio kickboxing drills to sweat off toxins and burn calories.
*NOTE: Refer to Week-1’s blog/video if you want to start this 4-week series from the beginning. It is never too late!
In previous weeks, I’ve provided many tips on how to get started, ways to plan and be proactive, and motivation to change old habits into healthy alternatives. I’d like to leave you with clarity, confidence, and simple thoughts to make the most of this kickstart fitness program and to make 2015 a success!
Recap: Tips for a Productive Start to the New Year
1. Set your goals
2. Create a realistic plan to accomplish the goal
3. Choose healthy ‘real’ foods daily and stay away from foods in boxes or cans! (If it tastes too good, it probably isn’t the best for you!)
4. Plan ahead & prioritize
5. Schedule time for yourself… and stick to it!
6. Rest & hydrate
7. Reevaluate & reassess your goals often
8. ALWAYS HAVE FUN!
Now let’s get into Week 4’s Workout Plan!
The Cardio & Pilates Movement Plan
Let’s start the New Year off right with a fat blasting, energizing, sweat defying fitness routine with a killer combination of Pilates and cardio kickboxing drills. This is the perfect combination to sweat off the unwanted weight from the holidays and build some lean, toned muscles in the process!
If you have been following along for all 3 weeks so far, CONGRATS! I hope you have found this workout series to be motivating. Getting you back on track is never easy and feeling the results! Keep up the good work!
*NOTE: If you are just joining in now, please refer to Week-1’s blog/video to start from the beginning when it’s convenient for you. It’s never to late to start this program!
Week 4 Workout:
Here’s how the 4-week series works.
• Each week, I provide you with a new set of exercises that are performed on your Total Gym as well as some kickboxing movements done on the floor.
• You will be given two different workouts per week with the option to add a third day by choosing the exercises that were provided from days 1 and 2.
• These exercises will be performed in circuit format, and then repeated a few sets through.
Each week builds upon the previous week so that at the end of the 4-week series, you will have many exercises to add to you routine!
* NOTE: Refer to the calendar provided below and watch the accompanying video to see how each exercise is performed!
Week 4 Calendar:
This 4-week series has come to its end… but it does not mean it has to be over! I suggest repeating the series again to get the most out of the exercises and the plan. You can always intensify the workouts by adding a greater incline, increase your reps, or speed with the drills! You will know the routine better and be able to flow through the circuit with greater ease second time around!
Good luck with this week’s final workout program. I hope this Cardio Kick and Pilates series has gotten you back on track with your fitness goals and feeling great within your body.
Keep up the hard work!